Wednesday 25 September 2013

making a new website - caroline fraser photography goes live

garden wall, Portugal © caroline fraser
I have been busy. Not happy with my current website host for a number of reasons I came across Weebly after looking at the beautiful hand stitched drawings of Shelley Morrow at Pure Arts Autumn Fair in Battle and later checking out her website.

I have tried Clikpic for a number of years, but find their interface difficult to use and it is very difficult to alter the look of the pages unless you are a techical wizard, which I am not. Then I tried ISendYouThis, but unfortunately they don't always answer my queries, and I am still waiting for them to get back to me about transferring my original domain name to my new site.

Weebly, by comparison is a doddle. And their follow up emails after the site goes live with instructions on SEO ( search engine optimisation) are straightforward and easy to understand. I am now an expert on purchasing my own domain, and linking it to my website, so that in future I have complete control should I wish to change again in the future to a different website host. I can hardly believe I have managed all of this in the space of a week.

I purchased my domain name from GoDaddy, and weebly conveniently have specific instructions on how to tie up your domain name at GoDaddy with your weebly site.

All good, and I am pleased with the new site.

You can take a look here

Meanwhile I have just heard that I am a finalist in the Urban Photo Fest 2013 competition. I submitted two images in two different categories. I don't yet know which of the two is a finalist, but one is the image above in the urban architecture section, and the other is the one below in the environment section. My guess would be for the lower one, as it is more unusual, but I won't find out until 7th October.

without due regard © Caroline Fraser

I would like it to be the one of the plastic bottle in the gutter, as I have a thing about litter, and it would be good to think that my efforts on expressing this had come to something worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment