Sunday 1 December 2013

read more , write less?





As I am now 'retired' I made a trip to library this week,  in rather a hurry as I had to get to work......... where this book caught my eye being a Booker shortlisted novel for 2013.

30 pages in and I am completely hooked.

I am going to learn from this book as well as enjoy the story.


Last nights morsel; a footnote on the keeping of diaries and blogs, in which the teenage Japanese author suggests that too many people sit in lonely corners writing and sending missives into the ether instead of interacting with each other;

"Once the writer in every individual comes to life (and that time is not far off), we are in for an age of universal deafness and misunderstanding".         

from Milan Kundera from "Book of Laughter and Forgetting" 1980 which I had not heard of.

It made me think that maybe I should write less and talk/read more. That way I could learn stuff.

I looked  up the "Book of Laughter and Forgetting", and it too gets great reviews and sounds fascinating.

So I have ordered that to read next.

And who knows where that will lead.

So I shall write less and read more, and then let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment