Wednesday 12 April 2017

seeing double in Scotland on the North Coast 500 route.



Something is wrong.

I have come back from Scotland with no blurry images

AT ALL.





It must be my course; MA in book art.

Every time I click the shutter I am thinking about what I will be using the photo for. Projects whirring around in my head.

I do have a nice photo of a mug though.

I was staying in Lochinver, way way up on the north west coast of Scotland, near lots of my favourite mountains.




I met a man called Billy in the car park at Stac Pollaidh. We were both planning to climb it. He had spent the night in his van. I arrived fresh from my tasty B&B breakfast. He kindly made me a coffee in his only cup, while we waited for the clouds to clear.

They didn't.

I decided to go up anyway. Billy waited a bit longer.

The mountain looked like this.





The day before the mountain has looked like this.




Stac Pollaidh

I had not had time to climb as I had arrived too late in the day.


That's mountains for you.

So I climbed into the cloud, thinking about a book called "The Mountain that tried to Hide"

I could still see the grass.


As I came down I met Billy coming up.

We went our separate ways.

I had to make do with the photos I had taken the previous day on the lower slope of the mountain.


from Stac Pollaidh on a cloudy day

Stac Pollaidh

Stac Pollaidh

Stac Pollaidh

Stac Pollaidh
Stac Pollaidh


Nearly all the same view, but with different ground surfaces.

It seems to be the style that I have adopted for the present time, as I am thinking about points of view; near and far. What we choose to look at.






I did take loads of watery pictures too, but they are all in focus too.

These from the River Inver.




Och well

I guess I'll get back to blurry sooner or later...........





No comments:

Post a Comment